Friday, October 24, 2008

My first post...

I have finally overcome the hurdle of actually starting a blog.

It has been 7 days since I arrived in Kampala, Uganda; a lot has happened and I have a lot to say... but I don't have much to post today. I typed out some potential posts on my laptop, but for some reason I cannot connect with it to the Internet today... and I am too lazy to re-type out on another computer.

Here is what I have been up to in a few lines-

I arrived last Thursday and slept for most of the day. On Friday, I got some orientation to Mulago hospital- where I work. For the weekend, I travelled with other fellows in my program to Jinja (2nd or 3rd biggest city in Uganda- depending on where you look). We visited in source of the White Nile and, yes, went white-water rafting on the Nile. This week I started work on the gastrointestinal service at the hospital.

More detailed posts and pictures to follow...


Quote of the day:

"You are not here to keep patients alive.
Yous should try your best to keep them comfortable.
It is not you who is killing them, it is their disease." -Nephrologist @ Mulago Hospital

5 comments:

RNC said...

Hey Dayo, good to hear your news. Keep us posted. Praying for you
Rose

Esi Nkyekyer said...

Hi Dayo - Yay for your blog =). great to hear that you're alive and well. The quote of the day is pretty intense and says a lot...

F.F. said...

hey brother, glad u have a blog now. praying for you. tke good care of urself. i'm back in Houston and i got the outfit, so u'll get it later.

keep us posted on ur progress.

much love!

Atheendar said...

Hey Dayo!

I'm excited to see that you are blogging! Looking forward to hearing more about your travels and experiences!

Atheen

DudeDoc said...

Thanks for your comments and my apologies for my late response.